Education, training, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of High School Diploma/GED, training and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of personal lines Property-Casualty underwriting support experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and prioritize tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated sound independent judgment and strong analytic ability in solving complex and sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of policy processing and documentation.
- Knowledge of applicable insurance products.
- Knowledge of standard business policies, practices, and procedures. General understanding of basic analytical and financial techniques. Maintains an understanding and adheres to state specific statues involving underwriting, applicable insurance laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy, able to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Works well with management and co-workers.