Education, training, and experience:
- BA/BS and/or Paralegal Certificate (or Attorney Attestation under California Business & Professions Code)
- 2+ years of personal lines litigation and case management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal civil procedures, rules of court, and local rules
- Experience performing legal research, maintaining/organizing client case files, and drafting of various general litigation documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment to ensure timely and accurate response to litigation requirements.
- Superior communication and organization skills, including ability to prepare persuasive correspondence to external parties and to articulate complex issues in an understandable manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work efficiently and accurately under frequent time pressures.
- Proficiency in the use of multiple word processing and PC-based software packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy, able to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to works well with management and co-workers
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements. The terms “GeoVera Holdings” or the "Company" as used in this job description may refer to GeoVera Holdings, Inc.